Standard Peptide Concentration: 3.6 ng/mlAssay Range: 50 pg/ml - 3.6 ng/ml
Human Amyloid-Beta (1-40)ELISA Assay Kit
Highlights, amyloid-beta40 ELISA
- Colorimetric detection at 450nm
- Rapid Assay: Complete incubation in 2 hrs at RT or 1 hr at 37oC
- Picogram detection: Detection range: 50pg/ml - 4ng/ml
- Suitable for CSF, ISF, serum, plasma, cell and tissue homogenates and lysates
- Paired Abeta1-40 (96T) and Abeta1-42 (96T) ELISA kits are also available as a set. View pull down menu to order set consisting of one Abeta 40 and one Abeta42 ELISA kit.
- Abeta 1-40 ELISA kits are also availabe for rat, mouse and canine
Click Download tab for protoocl and MSDS
(ELISA kits are shipped approximately 2-3 weeks after the order).
Representative Amyloid-Beta Sandwich ELISA Methods:
Steps of Sandwich ELISA
1. Equilibrate plate to ambient temperature
2. Add sample, incubate 30 min - 1hr, wash
3. Add HRP-Antibody, incubate 30 min - 1 hr, wash
4. Add the color reagent, incubate 15 min, wash
5. Add stop solution
6. Colorimetric detection, 450 nm
Amyloid-Beta: Amyloid-Beta (Aβ) is generated by sequential cleavage by beta and gamma secretases of the amyloid precursor protein (APP). The γ secretase, which produces the C-terminal end of the Aβ peptide, cleaves within the transmembrane region of APP and generates Amyloid-Beta (Aβ) isoforms of 36-43 amino acid residues in length. The predominant isoforms of Amyloid-Beta are Aβ40 and Aβ42. The shorter Amyloid-Beta isoform is typically produced by cleavage in the endoplasmic reticulum, while the longer isoform is processed by cleavage in the trans-Golgi network. Aβ40 is the most common Amyloid-Beta (Aβ) isoform, but Aβ42 is more fibrillogenic and is thus the predominant form associated Alzheimer’s disease. Antibodies employed in this Amyloid-Beta ELISA kit are selective for the Aβ40 isoform of amyloid-beta, with insignificant cross-reactivity to the Aβ42 isoform.
Icon Image. Amyloid-Beta complexed with antibody. Source: PDB, DOI: 10.2210/pdb3ifp/pdb.
Amyloid-Beta Sandwich ELISA Method Overview
The provided ELISA micro-strip plate is pre-coated with an affinity purified rabbit polyclonal antibody selective to the antigen. Upon addition of samples to the wells, the antigen in solution binds to the antibody and becomes indirectly linked to the solid support. After washes of unbound materials, a second affinity purified polyclonal antibody conjugated with horse-radish peroxidase (HRP) is added, followed by a second incubation period. Unbound antibody is washed, and subsequently color reagents are added, which upon conversion by HRP, become blue colored. A stop solution is added to block further reaction between HRP and the colorimetric substrates, causing the solution to become yellow. An absorbance multiplate reader is used to quantitate the colorimetric reaction at 450 nm.
These ELISA kits provide a standard peptide solution with known concentration to calibrate absorbance readings to concentration.
Safety, Storage, Shipping, Amyloid-Beta ELISA Kits
Safety: Stop solution contains acid. Avoid ingestion, skin and eye contact.
Storage: 4oC. Expires 6 months after manufacture.
Shipping. Overnight domestic delivery with ice pack/insulated box recommended. Also available for international delivery; please inquire for shipping cost.